Sugar Overload For a Blog Award Nomination
Posted on July 29, 2013
I want to thank Susan from http://theinquisitiveintrovert.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Super Sweet Blogging Award. I’ve been reading Susan’s blog http://inmysecretgarden.wordpress.com/ with her writing in memoir form about her experiences in Portugal. It’s gratifying to know that others are enjoying what I share, and I truly appreciate Susan for the nomination.
Because this is one of those blogging awards that gets passed on, here’s the info that goes along with it:
Rules for this award:
- Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you
- Answer five super sweet questions
- Include the Super Sweet Blogging award image in your blog post
- Nominate 12 other bloggers.
Five sweet questions:
- Cookies or cake? While cookies are good, especially ones with white chocolate chip and macadamia nuts, I prefer cake. I’m a lucky girl whose husband cooks and bakes. For my birthday, I usually get a homemade German chocolate cake with loads of coconut flakes in the delicious frosting.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate, preferably dark. One of my best chocolate memories was on a cold day in Florence, Italy. We went into a cafe and ordered cioccolato caldo, which is hot chocolate. However, this hot chocolate is real dark chocolate melted down with some sugar added in a small cup. They serve it with a spoon. It was heavenly as the hot chocolate goodness spread warmth throughout my cold body.
- Favorite sweet treat? This question is hard and not specific enough. My regular favorite sweet treat is getting cupcakes from my local cupcakery, usually of the Red Velvet kind or this fabulous chocolate mousse that gets dished out into a bowl from a large terrine at a local French bistro. But my favorite sweet I’ve ever eaten is my wedding cake. That’s not because it was the cake for my wedding, which already makes it special. But it’s because it was the tastiest cake ever – white cake decorated with buttercream frosting made by some good Southern ladies.
- When do you crave sweet things the most? It’s terrible, but I crave sweets at night. That craving doubles if I’m up late writing. I usually carb that craving by chewing gum.
- Sweet nick name? Since I like my chocolate sometimes with a little chili kick, I’ll share my spicier nickname, which is Jalapeño.
My 12 super sweet nominees:
- http://writingishardwork.com – Roger Colby is a high school English teacher and author, so we share a lot in common. He posts a lot of what I think.
- http://jwmanus.wordpress.com/ – Jaye offers some of the best advice on self-publishing as well as offering services. I’ve been following Jaye almost since I started this blog.
- http://mdkelleher.wordpress.com/ – I’m not sure how Michael would feel about being nominated for this award, but he has one of the best writing blogs. He just says things openly and honestly with no pretense.
- http://laekanzeakemp.wordpress.com/ – Laekan is another writer whose blog held my attention from early on. Her musings on writing help get me through sometimes.
- http://suddenlytheyalldied.com/ – Not only does she have one of the best website names, she loves a lot of the same geek things as I do.
- http://kingmidgetramblings.wordpress.com/ – Mark adds a lot of humor in his posts. They range from writing to videos to short poems and ramblings.
- http://jeynagrace.wordpress.com/ – Jeyna includes a lot of her own writing in her blog. She also has a video blog, or vlog, in some of her posts.
- http://eagleeyededitor.wordpress.com/ – S.L. Hoffman’s blog offers humor to go along with posts about writing. There are also posts about the editing side of writing as well.
- http://writeaubreywrite.wordpress.com/ – I’ve followed Aubrey as she was in the process of the writing process of finishing a book through querying. She’s already successful and still working hard. Her posts give me hope for any way of publishing.
- http://mereinkling.wordpress.com/ – How could I not like a blog that’s named after the writing group of JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis and Lewis’ famous text?
- http://storiesbywilliams.com/ – Matthew’s blog was a lesson to me in how to use your writing to promote your book in a blog. He provided free chapters
- http://artistjourney.wordpress.com/ – Not all blogs I follow are for writers. Sam’s blog features his illustrations, which I dig. He may not like such a sugary blog award nomination, but I just have to share his coolness.
Categories: Blog Alert
Tagged: Blog award, Cake, CS Lewis, Florence, Portugal, Super Sweet Blogger
I’ll need to check out some of those blogs!
I was distracted after reading about Red Velvet cupcakes. Congrats for the nomination though!